8 Compliance Topics – Cary Sanger and Deb Clem Fox
Description: We will discuss things like: how to properly handle coming soon listings, using additional provision clauses with care, risks of buyers submitting multiple offers, proper disclosure of adverse material facts, oh hail no, property damage prior to closing and more.
10 Things Every Agent Should Know about Working with Real Estate Investors – Marc Cunningham (3hrs)
Description: Real Estate investing is no longer just for the rich. From millennials to baby boomers, investors are moving away from stock market investing and into real estate investing. This practical and fast paced session will educate real estate professionals on how to confidently work with real estate investors by understanding:
• Transactional differences between owner occupied and investment real estate deals
• How to speak the language of “investor”
• What your investor clients need to know about risk
• How to analyze and compare investment deals
• The differences between commercial and residential investments
• What to look for during inspections
• The pros and cons of buying occupied vs vacant investment property
• The differences between single-family and multi-family investing
• Financing basics for investment property
• How to accurately calculate the rental rate of a property
• Property Management basics for after the sale
2019 RE Contract Changes – Eric Romero (3hrs)
Description: Several changes are coming with the 2019 real estate commission contracts. Come find out what they are so you can start the year off right!
Accurate List Pricing in a Changing Market – Eric Romero (1.5 hrs)
Description: This class will cover everything you need to know about how to price a home in a changing market. In order to keep sellers happy, you must know how to accurately price a home so sellers can get the best possible price without overpricing the home and having it sit on the market.
Advanced HOA Investing – Joe Massey & Lon Welsh (1hr)
Description: Our in house lender, Joe Massey, bought several condo units. The HOA was involved in litigation at the time, so buyers with traditional financing could not purchase. As a result, the units sold at a depressed price. The litigation was resolved, and the price of the units increased rapidly. Our lender will explain:
– How banks evaluate HOA
– What criteria you should evaluate in an HOA for an investment
– If there is litigation, how to determine if itis a trap or an excellent opportunity
– We’ll go through a complete case study illustrating the concepts
Advanced Real Estate Economics – Lon Welsh
1. How to model how a strategic refinance impact boosts your ROI, and how you can easily model this in the rental econ spreadsheet. We’ll also discuss how to explain to your client.
2. How to model “equity capture” and how it drives ROI. This is an unusually powerful way to drive wealth building and seems to be poorly understood in the investor community. If the group has interest we can review how to discuss / explain to clients.
3. If the group has interest, we can discuss 1031 exchanges in more depth and specific tactics for using a 1031x to “force out” off market deals. It’s about price and terms, and if you can offer great terms, you usually win on price. We can cover a case study of this if there is interest.
4. In depth questions from group that we wouldn’t normally have time to cover in an intro class.
Buying Your First Investment Property – Joe Massey (1hr)
Description: We meet with investors and start-up real estate agents who frequently have the goal of “owning 10 rental properties” or “building passive wealth through real-estate.” These are terrific goals and we have helped many investors reach these goals, but most people we meet with don’t know where or how to start towards these goals. This class will show you multiple ways to buy your first investment property and get started on the path to real estate wealth. We’ll show you real-world properties that were recently closed and give all of the details of how the property was found, how it was financed and what sort of returns are being made on each property. This is a great class for the first-time real estate investor or a great refresher for seasoned investors to learn how to use some alternative strategies to acquire more properties.
Economics of Rental Units 101 – Lon Welsh & Ellie Reimer
Description: In this class we discuss the rental profit and loss model, review the latest rent and vacancy trends by neighborhood and discuss any other apartment-related questions you might have. This is a great chance to learn rental unit financials from an investor who owns 50 units in Denver Metro.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Being a Landlord but were too Afraid to Ask – Lon Welsh & Ellie Reimer
Description: We have a class “economics of rentals” to learn to estimate and analyze a rental property. In this class, we’ll have a property manager help answer your non-financial questions on how to get started, how to select a property, how to select and manage tenants, accounting tips, and much more.
House Hacking – Chris Lopez (90min)
Description: House hacking has become a popular, unconventional real estate investing technique. Conventional real estate investing is where you buy a place and rent it out. House hacking is where you buy a primary residence, live at the property, and rent out part of it to tenants. It’s a great way to get into real estate investing. But, it’s not for everyone.
House hacking is a great way to build long-term wealth with very little money down (typically 3.5% to 5%). You have the potential to own a property and live there for free by having your tenants pay your mortgage.
The class will also cover:
– Various house hacking models so you can find one that works best for you and investing goals.
– Real life case studies (with numbers) will be presented.
– How to use our house hacking spreadsheet model.
How to Build a Portfolio of 10 Rental Properties – Joe Massey
Description: One of the most common goals of a property investor is to build a large portfolio and generate passive income for retirement. While we hear this goal a lot, very few investors actually achieve this goal and many end up never even buying their first property. This presentation will show you 4 different ways to acquire properties and give you a step-by-step business plan that you can use to purchase and build your portfolio. We’ll walk you through this business plan to show you how to start from scratch and build up a portfolio of 10 properties so you can retire.
Investor BRRRR Strategy – Joe Massey (1hr)
Description: BRRRR has become a popular term for rental property purchases. It stands for Buy, Repair, Rent, Refinance and Repeat. When used properly this strategy can allow real estate investors to buy rental properties with minimal cash out of pocket and establish a profitable real estate portfolio. This class will cover the steps in the strategy, things to watch out for, pros/cons of this method along with case studies of recent transactions. If you are serious about building a real estate portfolio, then this is a class that you will not want to miss.
Investor Real Estate Trends 2018 Q2 – Charles Roberts (1hr)
Description: Clients always ask “how’s the market?” This class gives you specific talking points to sound like an expert. We also discuss how you can use the information for listing presentations, and for buyers that aren’t sure if “now is the time to trade up” or if they should wait until later. The goal is to present the information in a format so you can put it to use immediately – and close more deals. We’ll spend some time at the end on “where is the marketing going?” so you can discuss that as well.
Knowing Your Numbers / Time Management – Eric Romeo (2hrs)
Description: This class teaches a variety of proven techniques to manage your time more effectively. It is critical for those with too much to do and too little time. Further, you’ll learn about lead and conversion rates so you know who to in your database to spend the most time with.
Listing Contracts: Exclusive Right to Buy / Exclusive Right to Sell – Eric Romero (2hrs)
Description: In depth explanation of buyer and seller listing contracts. We will also cover when to use the definitions of brokerage relationships form versus the brokerage disclosure to seller or buyer. We will cover uniform duties, and additional duties owed by agents.
Luxury Trends – Lon Welsh
Description: If you have been interested in working with more affluent clients, you will need to expand your toolkit and market knowledge. This class will give you what you need to competently discuss the market trends for luxury homes, and how these properties are similar to and distinct from the general market. We will debunk common myths about these consumers. This will help you avoid critical mistakes. We’ll discuss the psychology of how affluent clients make purchase decisions and the most effective way to influence them to select you. We’ll review some common mistakes you must not make if you hope to maintain your credibility. And we’ll discuss a few marketing ideas. If you are serious about this market, you should read “Selling to the New Elite” before coming to the class. We’ll summarize the book, but reading in advance will give you a massive head start vs. your competitors.
Mountain Resort Trends 2018 Q4 – Lon Welsh, Monica Graves, Amy Nakos (2hrs)
Description: Have you dreamed of owning a mountain property? Do your clients ask you about mountain real estate? Have you ever wondered whether owning a mountain resort property is a good investment? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then this class is for you. We will discuss:
• Short term v. long term rental income
• Homeowners’ Associations
• Buying for Location vs. Size
• Specific Loan Information for condo hotels
• Issues Specific to Mountain Ownership
• New Development in the mountains
We will also walk you through actual numbers for mountain real estate investments so you can see operating income and expenses and ROI.
Your Castle has offices in Eagle County (Vail/Beaver Creek), Grand County (Winter Park/Grand Lake), Summit County (Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper Mountain), and Steamboat.
Multifamily: Sell? Buy? Or Convert to Condos? – Lon Welsh
Description: This class will cover everything you need to know about multi-family properties. Review multifamily income trends over past decade. We’ll do a brief recap and cover financial analysis techniques for income properties as well as cover rent and vacancy trends. We’ll do a quick review of interest rate trends and cover a few case studies as well.
Ninja Business Planning – Monica Graves (2hrs)
Description: It takes about 60 days for the Ninja System to start showing results so “Be” prepared by joining our Ninja Business Planning Class!
You will learn how to:
* Create a continuous flow of buyers and sellers
* Increase your income per hour
* Deliver great customer satisfaction & referrals
* Generate a higher “net” not just a higher “gross”
* Build your net worth as well as your net income
Thriving in a Changing Market – Lon Welsh (1.5 hrs)
The entire US real estate market is experiencing a slowdown. Learn how to take market share from your competitors by handling these key client questions.
1. Are we in a bubble?
2. Do increasing interest rates result in a smaller number of homes sold?
3. How much has showing traffic decreased? What does it mean for buyers? Sellers?
4. How does Days on Market (DOM) change over a market cycle?
5. How do discounts change over a market cycle?
6. Is the recent increase in inventory something to be worried about?
7. Does it still make sense to buy your first home? Or keep renting?
8. Are buyers still paying a premium over asking price?
9. Are homes still selling the first weekend they are listed?
10. Does it matter when I list my house?
11. Is the number of withdrawn / expired listings increasing? Why didn’t they sell?
12. What are dangers of overpricing?
VA Loans – Joe Massey
Description: VA loans are a great benefit for our veteran homeowner’s but there are a number of misconceptions around this great loan program. This class will teach you what a VA loan is, who qualifies, how it can benefit your clients and how you can use this loan to sell more homes. We’ll also cover how to interview the VA lender and confirm that you are going to make it to the closing with no headaches and a smooth process.
Why are Some Complexes FHA Approved and Others are Not – Joe Massey
Description: We get a lot of questions about condo financing and often hear people who think that you cannot purchase a condo unless you pay cash for the property. This could not be further from the truth and this class will focus on clearing up the rumors and misconceptions of condo financing. We’ll show you the specific requirements for Conventional, FHA and VA financing on condo properties. We’ll also teach you about the distinction between a condo and a townhouse, this is an important variable that many agents are not familiar with. Join us for a great class to show you new opportunities and new property types that your customers can take advantage of.