For information on active listings in the Cherry Creek neighborhood, contact a Your Castle listing agent.
CHERRY CREEK NEIGHBORHOOD ATTRACTIONS
The Cherry Creek neighborhood is a part of the Denver Public School district (DPS), which is the largest school district in Colorado, with over 200 schools and more than 91,000 students. To figure out which DPS school is associated with your address, check out the official district page here.
- Colorado Fresh Markets
- King Soopers
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods Market
PARKS & OPEN SPACE:
- Burns Park
- Cherry Creek Park
- City of Brest Park
- City of Takayama Park
- James N Manley Park
- Pulaski Park
According to Denver Eater, the neighborhood has over 5o restaurants and bars! Here is their pick for the most essential stops:
- Barolo Grill
- Blue Island Oyster Bar
- Cherry Creek Grill
- The Cherry Cricket
- Fortune Wok to Table
- Grind Kitchen & Watering Hole
- Kobe An
- La Merise
- Mehak India’s Aroma
- North Italia
- Olive & Finch
- Quality Italian
PLACES OF INTEREST:
- The heartbeat of the neighborhood is the Cherry Creek Shopping Center, with over 160 shops and more than 40 stores exclusive to this area. The shopping center is also home to a movie theater and 15 upscale eateries, and hosts fun events such as farmer’s markets, the Elway’s Summer Concert Series, and runway fashion shows.
- Tattered Cover is a large indie bookstore and café with the cozy feel and comfort of smaller bookshops, furnished with comfortable sofas and overstuffed chairs and and a world-class newsstand. They have a long history of hosting LIVE author events, averaging over 600 authors, illustrators, and public figures each year (Tattered Cover). A local favorite, the Tattered Cover bookstore was founded in 1971 and has been beloved by the Denver community since.
- Originally named the town of Harman, after credited founder L.B. Harman.
- There is currently no record of any L.B. Harman existing in the library’s records.
- However, the 1874 Thayer’s map clearly shows Cherry Creek to be owned by Lou G. Harman, wife of Edwin Harman, a former lawyer/Confederate soldier.
- Centuries before this, there is evidence of maize and amaranth being grown in the vicinity of the town.
- What is now the Cherry Creek Shopping Center used to be a cross-cultural trade hub, with people coming from as far as the Gulf of Mexico to trade their goods. (DPL)
AVERAGE COMMUTE TO DENVER: 14min
AVERAGE COMMUTE TO VAIL: 1hr 44min
Cherry Creek North Neighborhood Association
PO Box 6010
Denver, CO 80206
Do you live in this neighborhood? Did we miss anything in our spotlight that you would like to highlight? Contact us!
Interested in moving? Contact a Your Castle agent today for active listings in the area!